2016 has been crazy because of the life events and the happenings around the metro. Celebrity deaths is the most devastating, and so is the politics here and around the globe. Life has been crazy as well, and I’ve been crazy sick for almost a month as of this writing (blame it on the allergic cough) but anyway, here’s what this year has been for me:
My office work has been the most demanding and I didn’t even expect that, save it for the fast-paced environment and the people that I’ve been interacting with.
But here’s the absolute truth: working in AXA PH has been the most rewarding in my career. I’ve learned so much from the people around me, work and life-wise. I wanna learn more and hopefully, to fully practice my programming/designing skills that in fact, I started taking up programming lessons (that deserves a separate post, more on that soon), and though I have friends in where I am right now, I still miss my friends in IT division. 🙂
I admit I made mistakes along the way, but I also realize that I need not to be depressed on a single mistake alone. One of my colleagues just disappeared without any notice, with reasons unknown (except for health/psychiatric reasons). If only my colleague stood up and asked for help, I could’ve done something. Really hoping for the best for him.
In relation to the one above, I learned how to take full responsibility and to lead others as well. I was appointed as the president of Coro De San Sebastian this year, it was a LOT of hard work, commuting from Makati to Manila just to attend the church rehearsals and meetings on time. I’m thankful that my team is the most cooperative so far in attending grand choir performances and other church activities, and despite being in a small group I am confident that we are a strong team. I am hopeful that we can be reach more people to sign for the Lord.
I also realize that I need to find my own identity in my personal space, starting by focusing on my own niche. I wanna make this space as a anime/geek blog, while having the other two (FoodTrip For Two, FabPinas) on their own. It’s gonna be a tedious task for me, so wish me luck!
Severing ties with someone who has no class and breeding is the best decision that I made. They are like the gatecrashers with crass, and it’s painful to see them even from afar. One of my closest blogger friends told me that it’s not ok to tolerate such person who makes a scene and badmouths everybody, me included. Thankful to have blogger friends who told me that it’s ok to stand up for what is right, so yes to this, 100%!
And also, yes to meeting new friends and to travel as well! – I made friends with #LeBoyf’s officemates and we went on an impromptu trip to Baguio on a weekend. It was tiring, magastos and at the same time, fun and exciting! Discovering Baguio was such a feat (deserves a separate post as well) it’s even more fun to travel with friends!
So for 2017, here’s my feasible resolutions that I will be doing in here and on this blog:
- More time for blogging – I only have 2-4 post/month on this blog this year, planning to make it as updated as possible, that also means crunch time for me at work! Good thing also that my blog is not blocked from the office server teehee!
- Make it as niche-specific as possible – that means more time for geek blogging here, food/travel blogging in here and pr/lifestyle blogging on the other blog. And oh, to update the user interface of this blog, maybe on the next long weekend.
- Make less mistakes, or rather no more mistakes at work – My job may be demanding, but it’s the most fulfilling. no more mistakes then, and more room for learning new things!
- Save, save save! I availed on a retirement plan when I started in AXA in 2015 and a health plan this year – I need to start this year on saving up for the future. I’ll try the 52-week challenge this year, how about you?
- Maintain close relationships – with my girlfriends from USAP (J, Bian and Guia), Blogosphere (SolAris, MJ, Axl, etc), childhood friends (Edfel, Apol, Liza, Eric, Mico, etc), college friends (Che, Jun, Rosiel, Lan, Doms) and many more.
- Learn something new this year – planning to take up swimming lessons, piano lessons, to re-learn basic Java, to learn how to speak in ilocano and many more. One of my plans also is to get a certification in Google analytics as part of my career plan.
I think that is all for me, and will resume my plans. Hoping this coming 2017 will be for the better, not just for me but for everyone.
Merry Christmas and happy New Year! <3