After 2 years…TOYCON IS BACK! as a self-confessed weeb, I’ve been looking forward to the day that this event for otakus and pop culture fans to be back since the pandemic, and here are some of the things that we can look forward this coming July 8-10 at the The event will be held where everything first started – in SM Megamalls’s Megatrade Hall:
- The biggest Voltes V Licensing and merchandise exhibit in collaboration with Telesuccess Productions Inc.
- Surprise Celebrity appearances (to be announced soon!)
- Funko Funatics Philippines release of exclusives and celebrity signings
- Top toy studios and designers from the region on exhibit
- TOYCON Creator’s Alley – co-organized by the Bulletpunk Network where the top Filipino toy creators meet the up and coming young upstart creators
- Artist Alley – co-organized by Komiket with some of the Philippines top comic book artist/s assembled for signing and sketching
- The TOYCON Collectors Gallery c/o the Philippine Toy Groups Association
- Toy Art and Toy Customizing competition
- ToyClick and Cosclick Photography contest
- The TOYCON Cosplay Competition and the World Cosplay Summit
- Collectors and Customizers Panel discussions
- The Pinoy Pop Culture Icon Awards
- And the Biggest collectibles retail floor of more than 250 booths
WHAT NEW FOR THIS YEAR’S CONVENTION?
- Online selling seminars, live auctions and livestreams brought to us by Lazada
- VIP access, NFT workshops and Bulletpunk BitWars art brought to us by Smart Signature
As this coming Toycon is the 19th year of putting on an onsite convention, Voltes V takes center stage again as part of a promise made by our event partner, Quiccs, back in 2019 to launch his trademark TEQ-63 in unmistakable Voltes V style only at TOYCON! And this year, in partnership with TOEI Co. Ltd. Telesuccess, we’re all set to finally launch it! At the heart of the Voltes V story is a tale of a family divided, of struggles suffered and surpassed, but ultimately a reunion of love. Which is really what TOYCON is about too, isn’t it? It is a yearly reunion, and for this year, a homecoming, as we return to the place where it all started.
As a long-time Con-goer, I’ve always been seeing Voltes V in Toycon as it holds a special place in this convention’s heart. This iconic robot has never missed a spot among the collage of colorful characters on our poster since the very start, and on special milestone years it has even become the central symbol of our show, with the huge Voltes V statue in 2016 when we first moved the convention to the SMX in Pasay, the fleet of Voltes V ships gracing our 2017 merchandise, and TOYCON’s launch of the Tamashii Nations Super Electromagnetic Machine VOLTES V, Bandai Spirits DLX Soul of Chogokin in 2020.
Sponsored by Telesuccess Productions, MaxiCollector, Great Toys Online, Legendary Beasts Studios, EC Collectibles, Filbars, Toy Empire, Bully Boy Collectibles, and DHL.
In cooperation with:
Vans, Yori, Funko Funatic Philippines, Warner Brothers, and The Linden Suites
With media partners, ABS-CBN, 106.7 Energy FM and FPS PH.
And event partners Anime Alliance, Ex-Link Events, Komiket, PICOF, and the Philippine Toy Group Association.
For details contact:
For event details go to: www.toyconph.com or Like ToyConPh on Facebook and Twitter
Tickets are available online at SMTickets.com and the TOYCON 2022 store on Lazada.