It’s been a depressing and stressful week, but despite the usual routine that I’m doing I am thankful in a very special way…
- Starting last Monday, I made it a habit to say a little prayer not just for me and for my family and friends as well. I see to it that I will find more reasons to smile and to be thankful on a daily basis. It was a therapy from the daily stress on my day job, for it made me grateful to our Lord for giving me more reasons to smile, to praise the Lord and just be content with what I’m having right now.
- One of my colleagues gave me a sideline and it’s a great help for my finances, especially now that I’m month’s away from the enrollment in one of the prestigious schools that offers my dream course.
- A close friend of mine informed me that she is also planning to take up masters in the university nearest to my dream school. I’m happy that she is looking forward to see me again and to catch up with things after the last time that we talked during our mini reunion.
- One of my closest girlfriends Guia was hired as a part time writer, and it’s been a blessing for me to have her on board. I know in my heart that she’s a great writer (much more better than I am, I admit that) and she’s done amazing writeups for the company I’m in. I have faith in her, that’s why I’m happy. You can check out her online story here.
- Last Thursday’s VG service topic is all about marriage, and I learned a lot from our group leader Jhorace. It was an interesting lesson for us, but what struck me is what Joc said. Being one of the newly married girls in the group, she shared to us how God changed her wholly before she met her love of her life, on how they face their trials and how our good Lord rewarded them in their life, especially now that they are married. It was also inspiring to listen to their love stories and how they placed their fate in the Lord on their journey since the day that they enter in a relationship until now that they are united as one with the Lord.
- Had an impromptu date with Yza last night and I was hesitant at first (because of our connection with that person in the past), but I prayed to God, hoping that it’ll be alright, and it did. I’m happy that we are happy with each other’s company, and we managed to catch up since the last time that we talked years ago (antagal na pla lol!) Having her was a breath of fresh air, and for that I am thankful.
Just made some changes in my blog layout, and I’m loving it yay!
From the header to the fonts and the tabs, I made it simple and pink and with stars, the way I like it ever since the start of the blog. But what made me want to change the layout and all is that it’s my way to start things and make it like new. I never had time to do this because of my work schedule but it’s a good thing that I did it in a limited time last night.
I need to do more changes in this blog! Will be adding up official social media buttons here and there, and some more sensical blog post soon. So happy with the changes that I never thought it’ll be refreshing, and the simple white background will never lose its appeal for me.
Looking forward for more changes soon! 🙂
It was Chinese new year and It was supposed to be my first lone run for this year. It was ok for me to run alone but what made me feel guilty is that fact that become a bandit in an organized fun run last sunday at the Million Volunteer run. Not paying for my run that that joined is not my cup of tea, really!
Just to tell you how it happened, a friend of mine was supposed to run at the MVR2 but she was given a race kit for the trail run that will happened on the same day. Nikki called me and asked me to use her race kit for the MVR2, and I’ll be coordinating with her friend who is also running for the same event.
And her friend never came. 🙁
But anyways, it was not my fault why it happened. And looking at the brighter side of things, it turned out to be one of the most crowded runs I ever attended next to the Hyundai run. Let me take you to my reviews about the Million Volunteer Run:
What I like:
- It only costs 100 pesos – I am willing to pay to join the race and I think it’s for a good cause, considering that it’s a government run from Philippine Red Cross. Everybody can afford to join this momentous event!
- It’s near our place – The Manila leg is in CCP, just a few minutes away from our humble home
- Star-studded – andaming artista! saw cosplayers (Superman, The Flash) and celebrities who joined the cause. (And I think Daniel Matsunaga is cute! teehee! <3)
- It’s a run for volunteers – It’s for the volunteers not just to those who were Red Cross volunteers, but also for those who want to extend their hand to help others. I’ve been volunteering for years in our church, in the choir and recently, at the TGR.
- Too many runners! – men and women from different colleges and universities, volunteer organizations, running guilds and running clubs from different companies come together in this momentous event.
- I see red people – All are requested to wear red, why it’s a run from PNRC of course!
There may be few glitches from the fun run itself but I’m not complaining. It was a successful run and everyone participated at the race had a good time. 🙂
‘Till the next race! 🙂
Being single on valentine’s day doesn’t mean I’m all left out. It is a surprise that I get to enjoy this amorous day in a different way.
I’m glad that my former office buddies, running mates, college friends and fellow choristers greeted me early morning. I’m also happy to see one of my office buds received a bouquet of Tulips from her boyfie, and to have a bonding time with my seatmates and the people from the creative department. Facebook even gave me a “surprise gift” last Thursday that even made my day. And lastly, my friends from VG share what we really want in a guy and in a relationship.
To continue with my own valentines tradition, I bought flowers, chocolates and a prepaid card for my mom. It was my tiny gesture just to let her know that she is always loved by us. <3
Even though there are times that I want to be with someone special last Feb14, I’m thankful for my friends and family for making me feel special. Valentines is not just for all couples, but to everyone who wants to make everyone that they are all loved.
So let’s stay in love, all year round! <3
Happy Lunar New Year!
Looking at my Chinese horoscope for 2013, it looks like it’s gonna be a bad year for those who are born under the year of the Boar. But the Feng Shui master told me that it can be reversed by having a good heart, being true and faithful, and by trusting in our Lord, good things will follow. (Also the FSM told me to buy good luck charms to counteract bad luck, that’s why I always bring my Pi Yao charm with me, better be safe than sorry!)
I’m also happy that I’ll be starting the Chinese new year with a run! A friend of mine gave me her race kit for the Million Volunteer Run 2013 (also known as the Red Cross Run) to be held tomorrow, so excited! 😀 (Link to my MVR experience here!)
It’s gonna be a fun-filled year, and I’m looking forward to it!
Despite the heartbreaks and stress, I realized that I got so many things to be thankful for, and here’s why:
My dearest girlfriends
My dearest girlfriends since the USAP days Guia and Ruby has been a blessing for me. Ever since my first day of work last 2008, we still have this unbreakable bond that we both share in-between rants, coffee breaks and Timezone games. Added to that is our darling baby Raj (My “official” boyfriend) who we all adore so much.
Even though we went on our separate ways, still chasing our dreams while conquering challenges through prayers and coffee breaks at Subspace, our bond will be more strong as time passed by. And I’m very sure that it’ll last for years. Looking forward to that girlfriends!
Reaching out by doing volunteer work
It all started after Angela asked me to do some flyering work for Greentennial Run’s event back then, The Midnight Run. The volunteering work for a running event also gave me an opportunity to get to know TGR’s brainchild, Sir Rovic and to know how event organizing works. I learned a lot from him not just on how race organizing works, but also on how to reach out to help others who are in dire need, just like on what happened in the recent Rescue Run 2012.
Volunteering also gave me a chance to get to know the people in the running community, and also to be part of different running events, like my last volunteer work at the Color Manila Run (which I need to blog about it soon!)
Just a glimpse of what happened in the CMR 2013, it was pure pink fun! 🙂
It was a great opportunity that I would not miss, and I’m thankful that I experience this.
Getting back on track
I’m happy that I get the chance to run again. And this time around, my eye is now set on conquering new distances and new race routes. Last month, I had a chance to run for free after I won a race kit from Little Running Teacher and I had a fun time going (and getting lost) in Nuvali. New route + fun colors + Derek Ramsay + new PR = fun fun fun! 🙂
Looking forward to set foot on more races soon!
Unleashing the meaning of my dreams, and looking to the more brighter side of things
I had this unusual dream that I blogged before that up until now, I still searched for that it really meant. I also had this dream of having my dog take out for a walk, only to discover cobwebs everywhere. The next day after encountered that dream, a close guy friend of mine told me about a certain poser who created a fake profile with my name on it, with all my online links inside. After I read the posts and contents, it made me come back to the nightmare I went before, and how blessed and happy I am today. God is making a joke on me again, as I thought. But it made me realize that God made me unaware of the profile’s existence at those times, until today.
I’m more happy now with my current state, I’m free and happy with everything around me. No more battered relationships, no more senseless jealousy encounters, no more lies. I’m extremely thankful that God gave me an opportunity to enjoy what life has to offer for me, and most importantly, to find love again.
Finding salvation and peace from friends
At those trying times, there are some times that I just want to cry because of certain personal things that really hurts. Abby and the whole of my victory group of friends has been a breath of fresh air, they not only helped me on some of my personal problems that made me want to call on defeat, but also they helped me get to know more about our Lord and Savior who has saved us from everything.
Impromptu getaway is always the best
Last week, I got a chance to be with a guy friend for an impromptu getaway in Tagaytay. Also yesterday, I also had to have a quick meetup with Chay, a close friend of mine since college at the Mall of Asia. it’s a great way to hang up and to catch up with the old times, and what happened to our lives and escapades at work. A great listener and always giving me straight-to-the-point/no-holds-barred advices, Chay is a great friend that I always rely on.
That surprise poster feature
I was asked to create this poster as a teaser to the upcoming Run for Juan 2013 event. And after Sir rovic has made the official announcement, I was surprised that the poster (not the official blue RFJ poster) has made it to Siguecorrer, Little Running Teacher and Takbo.ph’s blog for the said event. It made me want to pursue my plans on taking up a short course in animation and design, and to practice more in my craft. Super happy indeed!
For more information about the Run For Juan 2013, check out my post here. 🙂
Getting lost and found, and finding peace in my current office
It took me a while to love my office situated here at the Enterprise Center. It was a hard time at first to work here, to adjust with my expenses and to find my way going here from Manila. Luckily, I realized that I had so many options to come here the fastest. Jollijeep also is my best friend whenever I’m in a tight budget during lunch breaks, and that hidden bus stop in Makati Avenue has been a big help for me to get home safe and sound.
I also got a chance to get around places near the office during lunch breaks and discover alternative (yet affordable) places to dine and pamper. It was confusing at first but my recent discoveries has made it to my plans to visit on the next pay day. 🙂
Indeed working here at the Enterprise is a great experience. I think I’m gonna love it here. <3
Being thankful, and being faithful to the Lord at all times